EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Techniques, Gary Craig first introduced it in 1995. It is generally known as "Tapping" as well. It is a self-help technique that integrates the Chinese meridian system into the therapy process by tapping on meridian points with your fingertips which helps reduce tension and promotes a deeper mind-body harmony, it can cure physical, emotional, and performance problems.
It help reduces the conventional therapy process from weeks, months or years to a fraction of that time.
As Gary's basic EFT tapping procedure
The EFT Tapping Basic Recipe is an easy to use healing tool that provides the very foundation for expanding your emotional freedom.
1. Identify the Issue:
This becomes the target at which you "aim" the EFT Tapping Basic Recipe. Examples might be: headache, felling stuck
2. Establish seriousness:
Establish a "before" level of problem's seriousness by assigning a number between 0-10, 0 being no problem and 10 being most severe.
- For emotional issue, recall the incident or issue in your mind and note the discomfort
- For physical issue, simply note existing pain
3. The Setup: this is used to start each round of tapping. Design a simple phrase and say it while tapping on karate chop - KC point, to let your being know what issue your are trying to resolve
What do we achieve by KC tapping:
- acknowledge the issue
- accept and allow the feeling/issue and be yourself in spite of it
e.g. Even though I have this ________________, I deeply and completely love and accept myself
4. The Sequence: We tap on meridian points that stimulate the body's energy pathways. To perform it, simply tap on each meridian points (see below) while saying reminder phrase.
Top of Head (TH)
Beginning of the Eyebrow (EB)
Side of the Eye (SE)
Under the Eye (UE)
Under the Nose (UN)
Chin Point (CH)
Beginning of the Collarbone (CB)
Under the Arm (UA)
5. Test the seriousness again
6. Repeating the Process — If you still feel stuck, find a new positive affirmation and repeat the process.
Reducing short-term or chronic stress
Reducing muscular tension and joint pain
Decreasing fatigue and boosting energy levels
Decreasing tension headaches
Coping with emotional problems such as low self-esteem, depression, and anxiety
Help improve athletic performance, focus and coordination
Help to improve sleep quality